The Factory Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supervising daily support operations of the factory and plan the most efficient administrative procedures. The goal is to ensure all support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly. The role also places a great emphasis on management of the the factory’s human resource demands and sees the candidate take a lead role in the management of compliance related matters.
Operations and Logistics:
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Ensuring that factory machinery is in good working order.
- Analysing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Making sure inbound and outbound logistics operations run smoothly.
- Ensure that logistics vendors adhere and follow set guidelines
- Meeting with the finance manager on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance along with expenses.
- Monitoring company budgets and forecasts alongside the finance manager.
- Recruitment – Advising and leading the management team in talent acquisition and management including managing the recruitment process in a manner that ensures the right calibre of factory employees are hired and retained.
- Leading in Manpower planning, to ensure an appropriate match between employees and jobs to be done.
- Record Keeping - Organising and maintaining personnel records, updating plant workers HR databases
- Reporting - Create regular reports and presentations on operation metrics.
- Performance Management - Developing, reviewing, and sustaining a robust performance management process and all related functions including staff appraisal, training, planning and incentive schemes.
- Developing administrative budget based on the strategy and effectively managing it to ensure that cost management goals are achieved.
- Developing and implementing administrative policies and procedures and monitor all operations activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Managing industrial relations matters and offer training, advise and general guidance to managers and supervisors on labour laws and related market practices, to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Supporting in handling staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while playing heed to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Responsible for safety management and training at the workplace, ensuring compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). This involves the creation of programs such as company policies, training, investigating during cases of accidents and implementing post-injury follow up procedures for workers.
- Coordinating factory activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Undertake all and any factory administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently and that the company offices are running smoothly.
- Facility Management of factory to ensure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work/live in them. This extends to managing services such as cleaning, security, and parking to make sure that the surrounding environment is a suitable condition to work. The role also includes overseeing facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (E.g. Electricians).
- Awareness of all statutory compliance requirements for the operating industry in Nigeria including but not limited to SON, etc.
- Ensuring all necessary factory compliance obligations are met and renewed at the right time.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews to ensure compliance procedures are followed.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Maintain all documentation of compliance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Logistics, or related field.
- Min 15 years’ hands-on experience in the FMCG, manufacturing, steel production recycling, mining industry.
- Proven experience in a managerial or supervisory role within a factory.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management as well as Quality Control.
- Sound knowledge of industry-specific factory equipment.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Deadline for submission is August 30, 2020. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The salary is competitive.