Our mission is to make banking free across Africa, empowering our customers to control their financial lives by ensuring financial services are affordable, efficient, and widely available.
We are pursuing a once-in-a-generation opportunity to revolutionize financial services in Africa-lowering the cost and increasing the reach of banking while serving the next billion mobile consumers that are coming online
We are passionately customer-centric, delivering mobile banking with an exceptional user experience. We leverage advanced machine learning to allow us to create intelligent, affordable financial products for emerging markets where credit is not widely available
Headquartered in San Francisco, and growing rapidly in Mexico, Nigeria, and Kenya-Umba launched in the Nigerian market and is expanding quickly into additional markets. We offer a broad range of digital banking products to our customers through Android and iOS apps and have a culture of exceeding customer expectations which have generated explosive growth.
We are looking for exceptional talent but also for people that share our vision, drive, and sense of mission. Come join us to build the biggest and most loved neo-bank in Africa.
● Responsible for collecting overdue amounts from customers
● Making and receiving telephone calls from customers to determine why their repayments are overdue
● Explaining repayment terms, and negotiating new payment terms where appropriate
● Conducting all communications in a professional and compliant manner
● Recording the outcome of all calls on the collections system
● Achieving the required targets in terms of activity and collections rate
● Provide feedback and escalate collections issue for credit policy changes
Work Experience Requirements:
● Experience in a call center essential
● Experience in fintech/banking desirable
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills
● Strong empathy and active listening skills
● Passionate about solving problems and delivering results
● An understanding of banking products and services
● Good level of computer literacy
Umba is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Powered by JazzHR