The Growth Manager (Public Sector) will be responsible for executing a growth and expansion strategy
across the public sector. This leader will identify, qualify and prospect target clients in the public sector with business opportunities for the business.
Sales & Business Development
• Execute winning sales and business development strategies for the business in the Public Sector in
order to drive sales and boost revenue.
• Drive, report and monitor performance against set targets. Identify and implement initiatives to
increase target client engagement across various segments of the Health Public Sector.
• Manage new opportunities for business development in the public sector and plan meetings and
pitches. Work effectively with company teams to develop proposals that exceed the client’s
expectation and objectives
• Develop and respond to RFPs, Pre-Qualification, Bidding and formal presentations. Participate in
the negotiation of contracts for public sector business.
• Work with the Marketing team and other unit members to craft winning pitches that presents
key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing on the customer's needs and expectations.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the Public sector Ministries, Departments and
Agencies to boost business development activities.
● Manage relationships with members of the client teams who influence purchasing decisions.
Interface with clients, ensure all disputes are promptly resolved and client satisfaction remains
● Execute stakeholder relations programs; act as the liaison between the business, client and other
● Close the deal. Deploy various selling and negotiation strategies to ensure that the deal is closed
with a win-win for the business and the customer.
● Collaborate with the Service Delivery Team and clearly communicate all expectations of
customers to ensure that projects are managed to deliver on time and to specification.
● Manage customer and stakeholder relationships and continually promote the business
brand/services to ensure that the business brand is top-of-mind for customers.
Tender and Bids Management
• Lead the development and response to RFPs, Pre-Qualification, Bidding and formal presentations.
• Manage tender processes and deadlines and ensure they are in alignment with the frameworks given
by the customers.
• Maintain a current and accurate database of all ongoing Tenders and Bids and report back to
• Ensure compliance regarding the identification, management, and mitigation of risks and
• Comply with the governance and approval process in accordance with Company policies and
procedures on Public Sector Customers.
Business Research and Analysis
• Gather information on market trends and data to aid the team’s development of growth strategies.
Engage in the research and analysis of consumer behaviors, products, market trends, culture etc.
and use the data to provide insight to improve the attractiveness of our product to potential and
• Collaborate with R&D and Product Development in the conceptualization and creation of new
upgrades, products, and solutions for the business.
● Manage team performance and development; mentor and coach reports to ensure performance
in the team is sustained.
● Minimum 8 years’ business development experience in the Public Sector.
● Extensive knowledge of the Public Sector with broad industry network of high-level contacts.
● Experience selling enterprise software a plus, experience selling healthcare enterprise solutions
an added advantage.
● Resilient and result driven, with great prospecting skills. Proven ability in developing strong
relationships and partnerships with customers and relevant stakeholders
● Ability to think strategically and creatively with an innovative mindset that is constantly looking
for ways to improve things.
● Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and flexible work style. Willing to travel and engage
with our customers at various locations
● A very good communicator. Strong presentation, listening, written and verbal skills.
● Proven ability to lead and drive a highly motivated and performance driven sales workforce for
● Digitally savvy and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and work productivity tools
● First Degree in Marketing, Information Technology, Public Relations, Business Administration,
Economics, Finance, or any other related field. The equivalent of the same in working experience
is also acceptable