Project : Technical assistance on preparation of river basin management plans for 6 basins Turkey
The overall objective of the project is to achieve good water status through implementing the EU WFD (2000 / 60 / EC) and the related daughter directives.
The purpose of the project is strengthening Turkey’s capacity for the preparation of River Basin Management Plans in accordance with the WFD planned to be prepared for all basins by the end of 2023 which is stated as one of the closing benchmarks of the Environment and Climate Change Chapter.
The main results to attain the Project objectives are :
1. Progress was made on the fulfilment the closing benchmark of Environment and Climate Change Chapter through preparation of 6 RBMPs.
2. Meeting water demand equitably for each sector was ensured by the preparation of 6 SWAPs based on sharing the benefits of water use rather than on sharing the water itself in 6 basins considering the effects of climate change and drought analysis.
3. Legislation for strengthening the current institutional structure to apply the requirements of Basin Sectoral Water Allocation Plans was prepared.
4. Institutional and public capacity was improved.
5. Determination of Environmental and Health Impacts of the Implementation of Environmental Quality Standards in Doğu Akdeniz Basin.
Technical Area : Environment and Climate Change
Key expert 4 : Economics Expert - URGENT
Type of the Assignment : Full-time in country
Duration : Start / End of Assignment : asap for 42 months / till March 2025
The Economics Expert, the key full time expert, should have a solid background in projects related to the implementation of the WFD and other EU water quality sector requirements for economic aspects.
The Expert will be responsible for all the activities related to the economic analysis in line with the WFD and also SWAP requirements.
The expert will also be in charge of ensuring the integration and consistency of the economic analysis to be conducted both under RBMPs and SWAPs.
Qualifications and skills
General professional experience
Specific professional experience
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on. The Contractor’s key-experts are expected to work at least 85% of their allocated time in the Beneficiary Country.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.