Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. In 2019, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Trinity Capital, Foundation Capital, Visa, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
The Collections Sr. Associate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day collections operations. This role reports to the Collections Lead, Nigeria.
- Perform collections analytics (such as collection and repayment trends) using various collections productivity metrics
- Using SQL, derive borrower data to send to debt collection companies.
- Agency performance management - performance reporting, QA, training of agencies/agents
- Maintain relations with collection agencies by monitoring and communicating their KPIs regularly
- Maintain and update collections SOPs periodically, to ensure adherence to Branch collections standards.
- Generate invoicing data for debt collection companies and reconcile all invoices received.
- Listing/clearing of customers with Credit Bureaus.
Qualification and Experience:
- A first Degree in a related discipline
- Good command of SQL is a plus. You must be able to write your own SQL queries to derive relevant data from databases
- 2+ years of experience in Collections/loan recovery (Fintech industry experience is preferred)
- Deep understanding of MS Excel and Data Analysis (SQL knowledge preferred). You must be able to write your own SQL queries to derive relevant data from databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills. You must be comfortable working with large data sets
- Ability to identify a problem, generate hypotheses, and use data to provide solutions
- Highly entrepreneurial, comfortable with start-ups, ambiguity, and taking the initiative
- Excellent collaborator and team player
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days sick leave, bereavement leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
- Flexible working hours
- Where we work: Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Powered by JazzHR