Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions :
Provision of reliable and secure driving services
Proper use of vehicle
Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
Availability of documents / supplies
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents / supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city / country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents. Impact of Results The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
Interprets data, draws conclusions and / or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes / books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and knowledge management / sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
Education : Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license. Experience : 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record;
knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair. Language Requirements : Fluency in written and spoken English as well as fluency in spoken Hausa are required.
The ability to communicate effectively in Kanuri is and asset.