Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. In 2019, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Trinity Capital, Foundation Capital, Visa, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data.
In this role, you will help to solve analytical problems across the organization and grow profitability by proposing product and strategy changes. You will make data-driven decisions to optimize performance in various areas across the product, growth, and operations strategy. As the lead, you will help the team achieve their goals through servant-style leadership, removing roadblocks, and clear communication.
- Monitor performance and drive changes in credit policy of our Nigeria portfolio to optimize profitability and reach growth targets
- Collaborate with data science, product, marketing, collections, and engineering to propose experiments and policy changes
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to identify underlying explanations for changes in portfolio performance, develop data-driven solutions, and evaluate expected portfolio impacts
- Propose data-driven product changes to improve customer experience and company profitability. Partner with product and engineering teams to implement your solution into production
- Develop statistical models to assist in pricing and user segmentation for capital markets transactions and financial data analysis
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Fluent in SQL and Excel. Proficiency in R/Python, or similar statistical analysis tool, is a plus
- Previous experience in analytics and/or quantitative modeling, using large datasets
- Experience in analyzing, visualizing, and communicating impactful insights to management, investors, and/or auditors
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm for working across cultures, functions, and time zones
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days of sick leave, bereavement leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
- Flexible working hours
- Where we work: Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Powered by JazzHR