PalmPay is a Pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
As we scale to become Africa’s #1 payments brand, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to build and preserve trusting relationships with the Financial Institutions.
As a Business Development Manager, you will focus mainly on building long-term relationships with the Financial Institutions and support the HQ where needed. We also expect you to be a strategic thinker with analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
- Expanding payment channels via Financial Institutions
- Developing and executing strategies for growing and sustaining Palmpay’s vibrant
- and constantly expanding agent banking network to deepen Financial Inclusion.
- Fully involved in all steps to onboard Financial Institutions from zero to go live with
- relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Building and nurturing relationships with top level Channel partners
- Monitoring and responding to trends and competitor offerings to provide solutions and improve service
- Working closely with internal Products, Integration, Operations, Settlement, Reconciliation and Compliance teams to fully understand payment channel requirements and provide solutions.
- Negotiation of deals to cut cost and increase revenue for Company.
Qualification & Required Skills
- Sound knowledge of Financial Institutions
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic partnership skills
- At least 3 years relevant working experience on dealing with Banks/Fintech/Billers in the positions of BDM or Operation Manager, Product Manager or Project Manager
- Experience in Fintech and Banking Industry, including Agency Banking, digital/electronic payment products and financial inclusion, will be a plus
- Extremely result-oriented, realistic and reliable; able to work with aggressive timelines
- Ability to multi-task and under constant pressure, positive attitude, good interpersonal and business negotiation – presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Entrepreneurial mindset in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision-making abilities
Powered by JazzHR