Hey! We got a few new products in the pipeline to be launched in the upcoming months…
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, to work in the trenches by designing, developing, and delivering cutting-edge products, which solve consumer and micro-entrepreneurs challenges in accessing financial services? You will be ultimately responsible for the success of one of our product teams!
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1.5 Million people and has processed over 3.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal.
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Product Manager to join its team in Lagos. The PM will be responsible for the delivery of the product team by orchestrating internal and external stakeholders, listening to customers and defining requirements, monitoring product performance while scaling up. This is a key role that connects the dots end-to-end throughout the whole customer journey. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and business results, in alignment with QuickCheck's mission.
Responsibilities for this role include
- The ultimate success of the product: sustainable product-market fit and profitability
- Based on company objectives and product vision, you define (with the product team), monitor, and achieve the quarterly product roadmap, KPIs and OKRs
- Delivery: with the Product Dev Lead, you make sure the goals of the product development cycle are met and the team timely gets the product out the door. You test releases and assure the quality is met before launch
- Solution: You define the business requirements for new features and experiments, launch in MVP mode, measure, learn, reiterate, validate and ensure deployment at scale
- Problem prioritization: by facilitating the decision about what features to build, bugs to test, experiments to run, focusing on solving customer problems while maximizing business results
- Problem discovery: you constantly talk to customers to understand their needs, the next problem to be solved, and validate it is worth finding a solution for it
- Research: you constantly map direct and indirect competition, complementary or comparable solutions in our/other markets, transforming others’ ideas into your own opportunity
- Communication: you are the one who puts all pieces together by getting feedback from all product stakeholders
- Methodology: you help us craft and continuously fine-tune our product management process
- Entrepreneurial spirit, proactive, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results, autonomously
- High attention to detail
- 2-3 years in managing tech-based products, either with a technical, design, or business background
- Strong project management skills: high-quality delivery taking into account scope, costs, and time
- Great communicator: ability to listen and collect feedback from different stakeholders, you make sure everyone is constantly aligned to the agreed objective
- You lead by example, humble but with high ambitions and a desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You possess strong analytical and IT skills, proficiency in Excel. SQL knowledge will be highly helpful in this role
- You read daily internet/mobile market trends and in love with technology
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR