* Business managers oversee the activities of workers; hire, train and evaluate new employees; and ensure that a company or department is on track to meet its financial goals. * Business managers might also develop and implement budgets, prepare reports for senior management and ensure the department complies with company policies.
* Managers also ensure workers have the resources to complete their work.
* A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business management to qualify for a position as a business manager.
* Business managers must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to direct employees and lead the department.
* Managers are also problem solvers, who work to overcome the obstacles that may prevent a department or company from reaching its goals. Some companies might promote employees with considerable experience from within a department to lead the group. For example, a salesperson with years of experience in the field might advance to a sales manager position.