Job Description - Travel Consultant
Our client is looking for Travel Consultant (Customer Service Agents) that will be the liaison between their
company and its current and potential customers. The successful candidates will be able to
accept ownership for effectively handling customer complaints and inquiries keeping
customer satisfaction at the core of every decision
1. Dealing with enquires via telephone or email
2. Attending to reservation, ticketing reissues and refund requests. Domestic and
International travel requests
3. Advise customers on international visas needed / cancellation / change fees.
4. Develop on going professional relationships with corporate clients.
5. Managing client issues.
6. Preparing quotes and distribution of travel itinerary.
7. Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
8. Follow communication scripts when handling different topics
9. Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide
solutions and / or alternatives
10. Seize opportunities to upsell products when the need arises.
11. Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by going the extra mile
12. Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible
13. Meet individual / team qualitative and quantitative targets
14. Ensuring a positive Customer Experience throughout the customer life cycle.
16. Ensuring that Customer Feedback is used to improve the website,
communication and internal processes where applicable
17. Monitoring and ensuring the smooth operations of all customer
18. Other duties consistent and within the scope of the position
19. Ad-hoc projects and support
Knowledge and Skills
1. Strong GDS skills (preferably Amadeus) is mandatory
2. Reissues refund processing and complex bookings.
3. Good computer and Internet skills.
4. Geographical and Industry awareness
5. Ability to digest information from the internet and GDS system.
6. Strong relational and communication skills.
7. Strong oral, writing, negotiation and networking skills
8. Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
9. Be able to gain customer trust and close bookings immediately.
10. Accurate administration skills to ensure 100% accuracy on customer booking.
11. Stress management.