The Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the strategic planning, management, support and optimization of the corporate enterprise network in a 24/7 environment. The team provides high levels of availability for all network and hardware in support of business objectives. Work closely with decision makers in other departments/ strategic business units to identify, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead the team responsible for providing the 24 x 7 enterprise network for corporate and cloud applications
- Develop strategies and plans to meet the needs of the department and business in alignment with established priorities
- Work independently with Software engineering teams, PMO, Business Analyst, Managers, and third-party partners as needed to ensure solutions are adequately supporting the company’s growth and business needs
- Review critical internal network and third-party systems to ensure that proper disaster recovery procedures have been implemented and tested
- Develop capacity planning of all key services ensuring business growth does not outpace existing infrastructure capabilities
- Develop and establish beneficial and cost-effective relationships with service providers
- Monitor and maintain all systems to meet established Service Level Objectives
- Lead crisis management efforts during planned and unplanned outages, driving rapid response and resolution to critical issues impacting the business
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- 8-10 years’ work experience minimum.
- Must have strong Cisco networking experience, Cisco and other vendor firewalls, optional experience in Cisco Meraki cloud managed networks
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016 and Linux experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in managing Office 365 messaging, OneDrive, SharePoint and other Office related platforms
- Information security knowledge/experience will be an advantage
- Ability to provide level 3 user support related to networks and end-user systems
- Track record of managing people and teams
- CISSP, CEH, COBIT, CISM, CISA
- CCNP, CCIP, CCSA
- Ability to manage stakeholders across diverse teams & at the executive
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritize work based on a minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, with cost-effective use of resources
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Competitive based on experience