The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of at least secondary school education.
Experience : Desirable, Three or more years of experience in general administrative work, data entry and, experience in field activities. UN experience is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills :
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and at least two of the languages spoken in Borno State e.
g. Hausa, Kanuri and Shua.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders typically provide administrative support to team(s) and / or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Head of Unit.
Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver a range of routine business support tasks, to ensure that Security Unit staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive) :
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
2. Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
4. Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
5. Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
6. Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
7. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS (details to be determined by Post Managers) :
8. Process security unit staff’s travel documents
9. Support in submitting Maintaining list of Security Equipment
10. Admin support (payment, contract, etc.) for Police, Kings Guards and other contracted entities providing security services to WFP
11. Tracking and maintaining up to date training staff list and coordinate with DSS or other external or internal departments security training
12. Follow up with relevant Units the process of Security Unit Staff Monthly Attendance sheets
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIESOTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTSDESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24th October 2019
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills.
Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.