You'll play a key role overseeing the Accounts and Operations function, providing exceptional accounting, operations and administration services to the company.
We pride ourselves for being resilient, professional, respectful and open. You’ll need to be professional , pro-active, agile, have a customer-focus mind and create and maintain strong and effective relationships all stakeholders and the wider group, in order to continue the culture of service excellence and collaboration that we have.
You will be responsible for the preparation of Financial Statements with Disclosures and other ad-hoc financial information. You will take ownership and respond to Client/Investor queries promptly. Using your own judgment to highlight any significant finds and put forward any recommendations to help us find an appropriate solution.
It is essential that you follow the correct processes and procedures to help us ensure we are compliant with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures. You will need to have a curious mind and use your initiative to identify any risks or concerns ensuring you report them in a timely manner.
Every day brings a new challenge so you’ll need to be a team player at heart, with an eye for detail, great organisational skills so you can prioritise your day and sometimes with conflicting deadlines that still need to be met.
Together we find solutions and make things happen but to do this we want you to contribute; looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient and effective way.
Your long-term career goals are important to us too. We want to make sure we’re providing the support and opportunities you need to achieve your dreams so we can build a successful future, together.
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- Successful completion ICAN exams
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience working as an Accountant in a professional office environment either within an accounts department or preferably within an accounting service provider
- Experience in processing and providing financial information for review
- Excellent Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Word skills
Skills and Knowledge
· the ability to use SAGE 50C
. Good understanding of Leasing and applicable accounting policies
· knowledge of English language
Good presentation skills
· the ability to use your initiative
· leadership skills
· customer service skills
· business management skills
· ambition and a desire to succeed
· to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
· tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
· excellent telephone manners for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associate
· excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
· good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
· a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
· initiative and good decision-making skills
· project management skills
· the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
· great organisational skills
· good networking skills
· the ability to think strategically
· the ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
· initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch