About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Seedstars portfolio company, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 Million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 Million people. It has processed over 4.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the Job
The Head of Government Relations is responsible for supporting the engagement with the Government and the regulatory environment for QuickCheck through thought leadership and trusted advice to the compliance and management team.The role supports the engagement with governments and helps to inform of political, legislative and regulatory developments; assesses the impact of potential actions on QuickCheck and its customers.
- Ensuring effective oversight of Nigeria’s compliance arrangements as it enters Nigeria.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with all key regulatory stakeholders in the Nigerian banking/fintech sector (CBN, NITDA, NOTAP, FCCPC, EFCC, ICPC, associations, …)
- Be the front face in the market for QuickCheck’s regulatory and compliance aspects, exercising diplomacy while defending the company interests
- Map and manage compliance-related risks within the business
- Develop and establish of the local policies and processes, according to regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and roll out training & awareness across key areas under the financial crime umbrella as well as conduct in developing a strong compliance culture
- Monitoring & Reporting to give assurance as to the second line of defense
- Research and monitor activities of government regulators within and outside the financial industry that could affect the organization
- Keep the Management updated on relevant AML regulations in the Fintech space
- Anticipate policy directions that could affect any of the business verticals and proactively inform business heads to create workarounds
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in similar position
- Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks across financial services
- In depth knowledge of financial crime and regulatory compliance
- Previous experience in dealing with regulators including the Financial Conduct Authority and other external stakeholders/law enforcement
- Effective and comfortable in dealing with and liaising with a range of internal stakeholders across the business
- Previous experience in scaling up and working for a start-up in a fast-paced Fintech environment
- In depth Experience in implementing compliance frameworks that are scaling globally
- Strong communication skills, coupled with being a strong influencer with diplomacy, relationship & change manager
Benefits and Perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of hybrid working mode (office vs. remote) depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR