Job Summary :
Our Client is a membership association made up of German and Nigerian business enterprises actively participating in fields such as manufacturing, construction, pharmaceutical and service oriented sectors.
Internationally acclaimed German companies of their members such as Lufthansa,
Commerzbank and Julius Berger are well known in Nigeria. Which are besides these
However, many small and medium scale German and Nigerian enterprises doing
business with Nigerian partners.
Our client evolved in 2004 from the Nigerian-German Business Council (NGBC). NGBC was established in the mid-eighties. NGBA is a non-
profit organization registered under Nigerian law and strongly cooperates with the German Delegation of Industry and Commerce in Nigeria as well as with the German Consulate General in Lagos and the German Embassy in Abuja.
Job description : Objectives
The central objectives of the Association are as follows :
To foster and strengthen Business relationships between businessmen and
Enterprises in the Federal Republic of Germany and businessmen and enterprises in
the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The COO supports the work of the company's chief executive officer focusing on the
Establishment and optimization of day-to-day operations in the company. All internal
Department heads responsible for delivering services report to the COO. These
The COO Job Description
1. Advise the management team on key planning issues and make
recommendations on important business decisions.
2. Strategic planning and resource allocation
3. Establish operational processes / process improvement
4. Manage NGBA strategy implementation, in particular regarding NGBA budgets and
5. Ensure quality control of all company output as pertains to customer
acquisition and delivery of services
6. Ensure all department heads are fully informed of operational objectiv
7. Set operational and / or performance goals for each department which are
aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals
8. Establish and monitor performance reporting systems
9. Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that
progress is being made
10.Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are
clear and coordination is good.
11.Ensure activities comply with organizational requirements for quality
management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care.
12.Facilitate resolution of issues between departments.
13.Take charge in high-priority crises.
Personal characteristics required for chief operating officer :
To apply send cvs to cvs dguconsult.com with subject title. Salary range btw N 4.2million to N6 million per annum depending on experience plus Company Car.