Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
We are looking for a Project Manager for a DFID funded project in Borno. Northeast Nigeria. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the project deliverables are in line with the donor requirements and to provide relevant project management support towards ensuring that deliverables are on track. The candidate will support the engagement with relevant security forces.
The candidate provides key support to several functions within the team including, but not limited to Communications (Comms), Grants, Team management, supporting the NE Team Lead as a senior member of the team , as well as programmatic and general leadership support tasks.
The Project Manager, apart from facilitating effective communication and coordination about the project within CIVIC Nigeria, may also be required to take on leadership in training facilitation on protection of civilians and civilian harm mitigation.
· Ensure appropriate administrative and electronic filing systems within the Project are developed and maintained to allow an efficient and largely self-servicing administrative environment to support functioning of the team
· Ensure that key documents are easily accessible and archived on as well as its management Dropbox
· Lead information and communication flows from the Project to the wider CIVIC Nigeria Program and a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Ensuring effective linkages with all team members and other stakeholders for enhanced capacity and needs and resources identification.
· Ensure timely, accurate, consistent and compatible data and information on the program situation and needs is provided, for operational analysis and decision making. This includes data and information collection, collation, analysis and dissemination through materials such as briefing documents and factsheets.
· Lead the production of regular Weekly and monthly Reports and disseminate to country backstop
· Produce monthly project updates and latest news stories relating the project for the monthly reports
· When required support deployed Consultants and TAs to go about their work.
· Responsible for responding to ad-hoc internal and external requests for information about the project and communications materials
· As directed by Line Manager, proactively gather information and attend meetings with/from other sources such as clusters, NGOs regional networks and government which may provide a more comprehensive regional picture.
· Take the lead in facilitating the collection of case and success stories from beneficiaries as appropriate.
Human resources (HR) support
· Manage the induction process and relevant reading materials for all new starters, and ensuring they are aware of organizational policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Ensuring coordination and information sharing between technical and operation teams (finance, logistics)
- Engaging with relevant interlocutors, including actors in the security forces
- Participate in reviews, audits and ensure findings are documented and action plans /recommendations are shared with relevant persons within CIVIC.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely Program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal CIVIC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation team to ensure technical advisory leads have the required tools to put in place sectoral M & E plans
- Maintain and update the funding and budget tracker
- Ensure all monthly reports and briefing notes to donors and HQ are reviewed and approved by the Humanitarian Manager as appropriate
- Act as focal point for all queries and additional information requests from donors or CIVIC partners
- Support program staff and re-inforce their capacity in order to document the case studies and centralize them for follow up in collaboration with the communications and advocacy teams.
- Maintaining movement plans for all Humanitarian staff
- Follow up on the trackers for all departments for Humanitarian Program eg. HR planner, Procurement tracker.
- Follow up on minutes from the different clusters/stakeholders and meetings with partners and donors.
· Tracking grants when required
· Creation of a good award file system (electronic and hard copies)
· Maintain an updated Program equipment, tools and accessories in liaison with Logistic and Admin including those of Program partners supported by CIVIC.
· Planning and programming work to be done quarterly in reference to the workplans
· Aware and upholding the donor rules and regulation/compliance issues
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum of first degree or HND in relevant discipline and a postgraduate degree or PhD will be an added advantage
· Significant prior NGO experience 4 – 12 years within a complex /large scale country Program and possibly in emergency response or humanitarian environments
- Must have completed NYSC
· Armed Forces and security experience will be an advantage.
· Training module development and facilitation experience.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work proactively and flexibly alongside a wide range of team members A flexible approach to work, with understanding of team working in a rapidly changing environment and at times under extreme pressure
· Ability to solve problems, work under own initiative and see tasks through to completion
· Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
· Excellent computer literacy, confident in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and use of e-mail and electronic diaries
· Excellent administrative and general office experience, including knowledge and experience of developing administrative systems
· Strong numeracy skills and experience of tracking and monitoring budgets; budget planning, phasing, forecasting and reporting experience; experience of working to tight budgets
· Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives and team work-planning and understanding of how to contribute to these
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and/or Shuwa-Arabic is desirable.
- Ability to reside/travel frequently within the activity locations
· Understanding of and commitment to development work
Duration : 2 years renewable.
- LGAs to be identified within Borno State
Closing date: 6th September, 2019 @11.59pm