1. To perform duties and attend meetings as reasonably required.
2. To undergo in-service training where required.
3. To observe and implement current school policies and good practice.
4. To carry out such particular duties as the Principal may reasonably direct from time to time.
The post holder will :
Report to the Principal.
Specific responsibilities :
1. Managing Principal’s diary and appointments including incoming communications e.g. email, post, etc.
2. Manage any incoming correspondence referring on as appropriate; screening inquiries and requests, and handling them as appropriate
3. Supporting the Principal’s management of administrative duties including the preparation of necessary documents and reports
4. Organise and file paperwork, documents, and computer-based information
5. Receive visitors on behalf of the Principal
6. Undertake liaison between the Principal and school staff, parents, and the local community in general.
7. Arrange travel for meetings, preparation, and distribution of agendas and paperwork, and minute taking for staff meetings, management meetings, etc
8. Provide administrative support for the Senior Leadership Team as directed by the Principal.
Support for the School
1. Be aware of and comply with policies relating to Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality, as well as general staff procedures
2. Contribute to the overall ethos, vision, and aims of the school
3. Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
4. Attend relevant meetings as required
5. Participate in training and other learning activities as required
As this is a full-time position annual leave should be taken in school holiday time.
Proven experience in office administration and management task
Skills and Attributes