Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. In 2019, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Trinity Capital, Foundation Capital, Visa, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data.
You will help to solve analytical problems across the organization and grow profitability by proposing product and strategy changes. You will make data-driven decisions to optimize performance in various areas across the product, growth, and operations strategy. This role will report directly to the Credit and Analytics manager.
- Build and maintain a user-level valuations model to inform future product and marketing decisions and analyze drivers of profitability
- Monitor and update credit policy to optimize for company risk, profitability, and growth targets
- Propose data-driven product changes to improve customer experience and company profitability. Partner with product and engineering teams to implement your solution into production
- Monitor the company portfolio to identify trends, and lead weekly credit committee meeting to share performance updates and analysis
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to identify underlying explanations for changes in portfolio performance, develop data-driven solutions, and evaluate expected portfolio impacts
- Collaborate with data science, product, and engineering to propose hypothesis testing to improve risk and profitability
- Develop statistical models to assist in pricing and user segmentation for capital markets transactions and financial data analysis
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Fluency in SQL, R/Python, or similar statistical analysis tool is required
- Previous experience in analytics and/or quantitative modeling, using large datasets
- Experience analyzing, visualizing, and communicating impactful insights to management, investors, and/or auditors
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm for working across cultures, functions, and time zones
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Pension Benefit and Life Insurance
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Powered by JazzHR