About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Seedstars portfolio company, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 million people. It has processed over 4.5 million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustle everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a ‘hands-on’ Technical Product Manager to join our team in Lagos.
We are looking for an innovative and motivated Technical Product Manager who will be responsible for the success of our products. You possess engineering and design skills to manage the multi-team development and operational delivery of a large portfolio of technical projects by understanding business requirements, managing changes, removing roadblocks, and communicating broadly with multiple functional groups and stakeholders
Responsibilities for this role include
- Represent customers by understanding their needs and product requirements.
- Foster collaboration with product designers, engineers, quality assurance, and marketing to explore, prioritize, and launch solutions.
- Work with the development team to ensure that product requirements are understood and built accordingly
- Explore competitors’ products and come up with new ways to improve the company’s products
- Translate product’s strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development
- Outline the product vision, product strategy, and product roadmap
- Support engineering team to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met
- Ensure that user story content and prioritization is aligned to the larger strategic objective
- Use a software development methodology, like Agile, Scrum, to optimize processes
- Recommend the scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and appraising adjustments
- Provide information for management by preparing product sales forecasts and reports.
- Bachelor education level in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience developing products
- 3-4 years of Product management experience
- 2-3 years of industry experience (for example, E commerce, or financial industry).
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get “shit” done attitude
- Pension, life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR