Job Description : Context / Scope :
Context / Scope :
Guinness Nigeria is a major market for Diageo and has historically been involved in the sale and manufacture of beer, lager, ready to drink (RTDs) and malt drinks.
The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated but highly dynamic. In that regard, Nigeria represents the greatest spirits growth opportunity available on the continent.
Guinness Nigeria has expanded its operations and portfolio of brands by venturing into the marketing and sales of Diageo’s already existing rich International Premium Spirit brands as well as mainstream spirits (MSS).
Purpose of role :
To lead, motivate and develop the regional MSS sales structure to deliver the annual operating plan in line with the long-term strategy.
The Nigerian Liquor landscape is complex with major challenges, high import tariffs on spirits and an immature retail market.
The development of the route to market will be key to unlocking the potential of the Guinness Nigeria spirits portfolio.
The customer is at the heart of our plans and investments. There are developed formal on and off trade channels in the major urban areas whilst opportunities for spirits within the broader total beverage alcohol (TBA) business are yet unrealised -
cracking this will transform the Nigerian liquor landscape.
Leadership Responsibilities :
This role is responsible for the regional distributor management - MSS within the Guinness Nigeria business therefore, leadership and sales functional capabilities are expected to be at a level commensurate with the role.
The role will lead, implement and execute commercial & marketing strategic plans in field at the regional level and be accountable for the execution of priority sales drivers.
He / She will also be responsible for the relationship between Guinness Nigeria and our key distributors within the mainstream spirits (MSS) category :
Top Accountabilities :
Deliver Annual Operating Plan
1. Lead trade & customer strategy at the Region to develop customised annual plan to deliver financial and volume targets for priority brands.
2. Develop and activate annual customer account plans to support the delivery of business goals.
3. Excellent execution in the implementation of business plans, trade term compliance, cycle activation and category management.
4. Deliver against Sales driver imperatives.
5. Deliver amazing promotional activation experiences in line with Game Plans.
6. Lead and develop the route to market (RTM) strategy for optimum coverage.
Attract, Develop and Retain Great Talent
1. Build Distributor Managers functional and leadership capability via agreed training programmes, both classroom and In Field.
2. Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of their performance objectives and that processes are in place for development.
3. Build people management capability by engaging in personal growth and development of Distributor Managers.
1. Delivery of gross / net sales value and Volume plan targets.
2. Deliver marketing plans via Market share data and Brand health scores.
3. Growth of partnerships via joint up business plans (JUBP).
4. Development and growth of the team through performance feedback and internal surveys.
5. Controls, compliance and governance via audit reviews
Qualifications and Experience required :
Worker Type : Independent Contractor
Primary Location : Ibadan MDS Depot
Additional Locations : Job Posting Start Date :
Job Posting Start Date : 2019-10-31-07 : 00
2019-10-31-07 : 00