About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
USAID-Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)'s mission is to save lives, alleviate human suffering, and reduce the physical, social, and economic impact of rapid and slow-onset disasters by supporting at-risk populations to build stable foundations. By ensuring affected populations have enough food and income, health and nutrition services and increased access to improved water, sanitation and hygiene, Action Against Hunger through this action will enhance the goal of saving lives, alleviating human suffering and reducing impact of disasters for the vulnerable populations.
Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of a Psychologist who will identify and implement relevant and innovative quality MHCP interventions, respecting ACF strategy, ACF and international standards and national policies.
Proposed Start date: June 2021
Location: Maiduguri and Potiskum
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 339,448 per month
- Guarantee the confidentiality of clinical interviews/ individual or group counselling with the psychologists in charge;
- Develop/contribute to the capitalization of the programme data and documentation of the innovations carried out;
- Ensure the implementation of projects consistent with the ACF charter, the ACFIN 2015 strategic framework, the Policies (MHCP and other ACF sectors), positioning documents, the national strategy and other legal texts of the technical ministry/ministries in charge of the sector, the key international documents of the sector (SPHERE, IASC and WHO Standards, etc..);
- Promote the transversal integration of the MHCP sector with the other sectors in collaboration with the Field Coordinator;
- Ensure the implementation of the complaint mechanisms focusing on the transparency and ethics of projects in particular with assisted populations;
- Monitor of programme implementation through means of internal APR monitoring tools, his/her regular presence in the field, an updated chronogram, monthly analysis of budgetary monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Psychology/ Psychological Counselling and Post Graduate Degree in Psychology or Public Health or related course is an added advantage;
- Experience in detection and Management of Mental Health Conditions in Health care settings
- Good Knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & MH GAP Guidelines;
- Experience in MHPSS training;
- Experience in work with NGO`s & INGOs;
- Capacity to organize & conduct workshops & trainings;
- Good supervision & reporting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good command of English and Hausa languages (both written and spoken);
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Thursday, 10th June 2021.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Powered by JazzHR