Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, Mumbai, Nairobi, and Tanzania, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a small group of engineers that are working on both our core platform and technology as well as new Africa-focused product initiatives. We are looking to you to contribute to growing the team, fostering a strong engineering culture, and jointly with others driving the product & technical vision for Branch. Our technology team works closely with all other parts of our business, and you will be working closely with other stakeholders across the globe to help us achieve our goals.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. As a Lead in our Engineering team, you will help the team achieve their goals through servant-style leadership and removing roadblocks. Similarly, you will help the team achieve the right balance between engineering excellence and shipping and iterating solutions quickly.
- You will help build a culture of collaboration that embodies our values and helps us achieve our goals as a distributed team.
- Work with other stakeholders to recruit, grow, and empower a team of driven engineers who have high expectations around ownership, impact, and technical excellence
- Collaborating with your team, you will craft a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs while being pragmatic about what’s needed today.
- You will be a hands-on technical contributor and mentor for your team, one who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do actual technical work when appropriate.
- You will work with other engineering managers and functional leads to set direction and ambitious goals for your team, Engineering, and Branch as a whole.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, preferably in an established technology firm or a product-focused high-growth startup.
- Experience handling performance reviews, and must have handled at least 1 performance review cycle independently.
- Significant experience (4+ years) as a software engineer, ideally across organizations, industries, and technology stacks.
- A record of mentorship and helping others in their career growth.
- Experience and excitement for recruiting, combined with a thoughtful approach to team growth.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days sick leave, bereavement leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
- Flexible working hours
- Where we work: Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
This is a remote role. We are open to working with you provided you are able to work with the West African Time (WAT) zone.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Powered by JazzHR