Overall purpose of the Job
Assists during all phases of the rigging up and down of well test equipment on work locations for the purpose of providing services during the well testing and clean up phase of a well.
This is a break-out role that requires advanced knowledge of operations and equipment. This is a more responsible position in well testing and routinely works in more than one type of well site as assigned by the Supervisor.
The job can be responsible for managing shift crews on location and providing operational support to management and to assist in the training and development of junior operational personnel.
1. Ensures a safe and healthy environment at the worksite through the effective application of the Company's HSEQ systems.
2. Completion of all HSEQC and Operational Documentation required to be completed during and after each Well test operation and delivering the same to the Well Test Operations Manager for his review.
3. Provides some task supervision over junior crew and to ensure that all personnel engaged in the task have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the tasks to be performed.
4. Acts as shift focal point at the worksite between all crew members, subcontracting personnel and the client representative in the absence of the supervisor.
5. Provides input to the planning for the job including equipment set-up, well site direction and customer-related support activities.
6. Performs cleaning, operational testing and pressure testing of equipment during the pre job procedures
7. Prepares and packs ancillary equipment to be used for the job
8. Performs pre / post job equipment inspections
9. Performs and completes ongoing and preventative maintenance procedures for the equipment on location
10. Assembles and prepares equipment for installation and service
11. Supports the Supervisor in ensuring safe completion of tasks and in the clean up and preparation for the next job
12. Ensures completion of all required documentation relating to equipment and personnel in the course of the operations performed.
13. Supports the Supervisor to ensure the customer is satisfied with the service provided including the accuracy of all data and reports provided.
14. Assists in training junior operators under direction of supervisor.
15. To ensure professional and helpful attitude towards all customer representatives and crew.
Effectively performing the tasks to meet individual, client and Company expectations
Ability to work under pressure with differing priorities
Working environment changing due to weather, and / or well conditions
Operating in remote and potentially hostile environment locations
Ability to work at height
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
Completion of degree or its equivalent
Completion of training requirements established by global or local management
Completion of competence requirements as an operator and demonstrated ability to perform in role
Good interpersonal and some basic mentoring and training skills
Self motivated and can work independently with little supervision
Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations
Basic reading comprehension, writing skills and calculator skills required
Computer skills including MS Office and company software