The Systems Auditor is to ensure Information Technology controls are designed and operated effectively.
He is also to ensure the Group Information Technology assets are adequately protected in compliance with Information Security Policy. Maintain data integrity within Mutual and its subsidiaries.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audit of Mutual Group Information Technology (environment, processes, and functions) in line with the audit charter
- Design and execute of audit programs and test plans to evaluate the reliability of internal controls. Performing all phases of audits as planning, fieldwork, reporting results and performing subsequent follow-up procedures of remediation activities
- Coordination, supervision and managing the quarterly audit exercise.
- Review IT roles & responsibilities to ensure segregation of duties and succession planning. Carryout review of Group’s data security, threat intelligence, vulnerability management and security monitoring activities
- Revenue assurance (income and expense verification) using CAATs and other techniques Business continuity and Disaster Recovery Audit
- Assist with the assessment of IT related changes; implementation of security patches.
- Test the design and implementation of IT controls, including the control operating effectiveness.
- Assist in the remediation of control gaps where they exist
- Training and continuous improvement of self and team members
- Proposing amendments to SOPs in line with best practices and current practices in the industry.
- Development and continuous update of audit checklist
- Innovative use of available resources to achieve set targets
- Preparing and updating control logs
- Any other adhoc assignment assigned by Head, Internal Audit
- Candidate must have A good First Degree
- Candidate must be CISA Certified
- Professional qualification ICAN or ACCA will be an added advantage
- Candidate must have minimum of 5 years experience in IS audit function in the Banking/Insurance/ IS Audit firm/ financial institution.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Audit & Investigation
- Identification of IT related risk in a business environment
- Risk assessment and providing ideas on possible controls
- Network Security and Audit
- Web based services/applications security and audit
- Application development security and audit
- Audit of Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery
- Access Control Security
- MS/SQL/Linux server environment security and audit
- Linux server environment Security and Audit
- Financial/Banking Industry Knowledge
- Policy Development
- Analytical / Problem solving skills