About the Firm
CrossBoundary Group is a mission-driven investment and advisory firm that unlocks the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. CrossBoundary Advisory provides transaction and investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unleashing investment across all sectors in these markets. CrossBoundary Advisory has advised on over US$8bn worth of transactions across 75 countries globally, serving our clients from 20 offices spread across Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions.
Our investment platforms, CrossBoundary Energy, CrossBoundary Energy Access, and CrossBoundary Educational Infrastructure, directly finance projects to bring cheaper, cleaner, and more reliable electricity, as well as education infrastructure, to developing countries. Anchoring the Group’s work in the renewable energy sector, CrossBoundary Energy is currently active in more than 10 African countries and has a portfolio of over US$100 million of renewable energy projects for commercial and industrial clients across the continent. CrossBoundary Energy Access uses blended finance and an innovative project financing structure to unlock capital for mini-grids with a mission to bring electricity for the first time to more than 170,000 people.
Learn more at www.crossboundary.com
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Analyst to join the CrossBoundary office in Lagos, Nigeria. As a member of the transaction team, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for a significant impact on investment into Nigeria, in addition to building CrossBoundary’s long-term presence in the region.
As an Analyst, you will be tasked with evaluating investment opportunities, conducting macroeconomic market assessments, and providing transaction support to both investors and capital seekers. Analyst candidates should have 1-3 years of experience working in high-caliber finance or consulting organizations and experience working in developing countries – ideally in Nigeria. Expertise in project finance, renewable energy, and agriculture will be regarded favorably.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
- Prepare presentations with business plans, explanation of management structure, competitive landscape, and financial projection to recommend strategies
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Conduct macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
- Investor sourcing
- Lead identification of qualified investors
- Manage numerous investor relationships
- Transaction support
- Develop valuation activities and detailed financial models
- Perform sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation
- Coordinate due diligence and transaction execution
- Strong quantitative skills and finance background; familiar with company evaluation and valuation
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes challenging environment
- Knowledge of the West African investment landscape (or previous work experience in West Africa)
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high-impact sectors
- Bachelor’s degree required
The Analyst will be based in Lagos, Nigeria. Frequent travel is expected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to our email@example.com
Interested candidates should apply at https://crossboundary.applytojob.com/apply/FRdZ40dYKy/Analyst
Powered by JazzHR