Role and Responsibilities:
Information Technology – Network Infrastructure Engineer - Will be part of IT Infrastructure Team; responsible for IT networks and infrastructure availability to end-users.
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improve the resilience of the current environment.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide-area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services, and firewalls.
- Server & Network Management.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, network, software, and operating systems.
- Evaluating technology risks to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Administering and supporting Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware technologies.
- Hardware, firewall, software evaluation, recommendation, and negotiations.
- Ensuring high availability and acceptable levels of performance of critical IT resources.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanities or any other related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-6 years working experience in a unionized environment.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM or CIPD).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Experience in Data Centre management including service operations, expansions, and project work.
- Experience in infrastructure architecture, data centers, servers, and networks.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Technology certifications including but not limited to Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, etc.
- Strong knowledge of multiple technologies including but not limited to Servers, Cisco Network, Virtualization, VMWare, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, SAN, TCPIP, Office365, UTM, Endpoint Protection, wireless LAN, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
Key Skills: CCIE (S& R ), CCIE (S)Firewall / Router / Switch Configuration , IT Infrastructure Management.