To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system
performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
2. Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues but escalating if required,
providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied
to support them.
3. Support and maintain inventory of all IT, TC, and SCOPE assets including kits loaned to WFP
contracted retailers, computers, mobile phones, POS terminals, etc.
4. Assist in installing and performing routine maintenance on power equipment such as inverters,
UPSes, batteries, solar kits, etc.
5. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in
order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
6. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support
the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
7. Collaborate with other colleagues to ensure individual and team objectives are met in
compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in
enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
9. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A Minimum of Secondary School Education with additional years of related work experience or
Language : Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience is required in the following :
standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff timely.
monitoring to ensure systems are running effectively.
procurement of all technical equipment and ensuring supply of equipment meet technical
services to support the staff capacity building.
deployment where and when the need arises.
internally, and to external partners. Maintain and regularly updating inventory in WFP corporate
delivery tools like internet dongles, CUG and Data SIMs at the SO level.
whenever required in the conference rooms.