- Manage the production of monthly, quarterly and full year consolidated financial results and reporting, including balance sheet management.
- Develop and manage all group financial reporting deadlines.
- Review of subsidiary/associate financial returns and prepare reports to the GFD on the investment performance.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements (IFRS) including supporting statutory notes and disclosures.
- Assist in preparation of other regulatory reporting obligations including preparation of supporting statutory notes and disclosures.
- Manage relationships with other Group functions and all divisional finance reporting teams.
- Co-ordinate the embedding of IFRS in the financial reporting and systems of the subsidiary businesses.
- Manage the improvement of the financial reporting process in particular to support growing statutory and regulatory disclosure requirements e.g. IFRS 9/15/16/17 and continuing pressure on reporting deadlines.
- Liaise with external auditors in addressing technical accounting developments and to ensure the smooth running and close-out of the audit process.
- Provide expert advice on specialist and technical accounting areas (such as impairment reviews, FX accounting, etc.) in the context of quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Support financial budget, forecasting, and treasury activities of the Group.
- Embrace and drive a culture of continuous process improvement across the finance functions and the wider business.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis for senior management as requested.
- Special projects across Group Finance as required.
Finance ICT Project Champion:
- Lead the ERP implementation for finance function processes and work as part of a cross-functional diverse project team.
- Work closely with the ERP Configuration Team to ensure their ERP configuration delivers the desired process.
- Work closely with all work streams and business SPA’s and CFO’s to ensure processes are efficient, effective and compliant as well as aligned with Mutual Benefits standards.
- Ensure processes are documented, training materials developed and processes integrate into the day to day work of operating finance teams.
- Manage the business related project budget.
- Ensure finance functions within the Group have in place the most effective IT Systems and Processes to deliver the business strategy.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Recognized professional qualification: ACA / ACCA, FCA, CFA, ACITN, etc.
- Experienced professional with at least 7 years of relevant experience (with at least 5 years in managerial position in a group business).
- In-depth understanding of IFRS.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multi-currency consolidations and group financial reporting (in audit or industry).
- Experience in Insurance sector accounting and knowledge of insurance regulatory environment.
- Good proven project management skills.
- Strong general accounting / finance background required for this position.
- Experience with budgets, planning and forecasting of P&L's.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Intermediate/Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data that is visually appealing and effectively tells a clear story.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills required.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization and be able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams. Must be able to handle all types of personalities and relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
- Prior experience with ERP is a strong plus.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to:
- Sit, walk and stand
- Talk and hear, both in person and by telephone
- Use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Timely submission of accurate financial reports
- Actual vs budget performance
- Minimal to zero variation in unaudited vs audited financial performance
- Timely submission of audited financial statements to NAICOM for approval
- Timely approval of audited financial statements by NAICOM
- Timely implementation of ICT Transformation Projects for the Finance functions
- Liquidity & solvency management for the Group
- Implementation of auditors’ management letters issues for the Group
Key Traits of a Successful GFM:
- High competency on computer based programs and applications.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and subsidiaries.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Efficient time management and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Adherence to compliance regulations.
- Positive attitude and desire to constantly learn and grow.
Add to favorites
Remove from favorites
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you