About the role
BURN is looking for a Junior Carbon Project Manager, who will be tasked with ensuring that BURN generates its carbon credits on time, within the scope and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks are delivered on time, on budget, and within the scope of the standards via a clear detailed Project Gantt chart. This Gantt chart details all tasks from Project Inception to Issuance of Carbon credits
- Understanding and providing all related support documents for all carbon process stages and milestones to the Carbon Technical Officer and Carbon Technical Manager
- Responsible for preparing a full Project Budget and Project expense reports associated with that approved Budget
- Organize, coordinate, lead and Report on Local Stakeholder Meetings and Stakeholder Feedback rounds as per the guidelines set by the Carbon Technical Team. This includes but is not limited to preparing the budget, planning the timelines for tasks, finding local teams to work with in organizing and facilitating the meeting, putting together the list of participants for the meeting, and preparing and translating invitations (newspaper advertisements, radio advertisements, emails, word of mouth, phone calls, etc.), hosting the meeting, providing supporting documents from the meetings held.
- Organize, coordinate, lead and report on Baseline Surveys and Baseline Kitchen Performance tests as per the guidelines set by the Carbon Technical Team. Coordinating on-the-ground field surveys, recruitment and training of data collectors/enumerators, Logistics planning of resources for all field data collection, on-the-ground presence while managing all field data collection activities, etc.
- Organize, coordinate, lead and report on Annual Monitoring Surveys, Project Kitchen performance tests, Leakage Surveys, and Water Boiling Tests as per the guidelines set by the Carbon Technical Team. This includes, but is not limited to activities such as Planning all timelines for the field research work, Coordinating and managing on-the-ground field data collection surveys, recruitment and training of highly experiences data enumerators/research consultants as the case may be, Logistics planning of resources for all field data collection, on the ground presence while managing all field data collection activities, risk assessment, and management in field research surveys, timely and efficient problem solving, etc.
- Cultivating good relationships with BURN country representatives (colleagues in the country), to ensure the colleague’s understanding, and timely delivery of carbon requirements.
- Organize all logistics related to all Carbon Audits during Validation and Verification. These include booking households to be audited during audit site visits, accompanying the auditors for the interviews, and ensuring all households meet the standard set by the Carbon technical team on time. This involves, but is not limited to booking appointments with households selected for the Audit visit, planning all transport and accommodation logistics for the households to be visited, etc
- Communication of Results from Set Goals and targets to the Carbon Project Implementation Manager on the agreed-upon frequency
- Carrying out specific one-off special carbon assignments falling outside the scope of existing JD
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate/Bachelors/Masters in any of the following fields: Market research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Data and Analytics
- 2+ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation role or Project Management role
- 3+ years of experience in recruiting, training, and coordination/management of Enumerators/Research consulting partners for data collection purposes
- 2+ experience in Managing Data collection projects for research studies to deliver quality results on time, on budget, and within the scope
- 2+ experience in Organizing, coordinating, and leading Stakeholder consultation engagements
- Excellent Communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Hands-on experience with carbon offset or GHG reduction project implementation particularly in any of the following activities: Stakeholder engagement meetings, Baseline surveys, Kitchen Performance tests, Monitoring Surveys, or demonstration to have carried out similar activities in non-carbon projects.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and a desire to ‘Get things done
- Excellent graphical presentation and reporting
 Bilingual in the case where English is not the first language
Powered by JazzHR