PalmPay is a pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria and Ghana and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
We’re looking for an experienced Partnership Manager who is passionate about our mission of driving financial inclusion in Africa and inquisitive about the Fintech space in Nigeria and the rest of the world. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Expanding payment channels including but not only focusing on Banking, Switching companies, PTSP, PSSP, payment and biller aggregators, etc.
- Developing and executing strategies for growing and sustaining Palmpay’s vibrant and constantly expanding agent banking network to deepen Financial Inclusion.
- Fully involved in all steps to onboard Channel Partners from zero to go live with relevant internal shareholders, including agreement signing, commercial negotiation, API integration, reconciliation and settlements requirements.
- Building relationships with channels partners (Banks/Fintech/Billers/etc.)
- Monitoring and responding to trends and competitor offerings.
- Working closely with internal products, operation, settlement and compliance teams to fully understand payment channel requirements.
- Preparing competitor’s product comparative analysis and identifying areas of improvement for the company’s product and channel capabilities.
- Ensuring that Payment Channels have stable connection with Palmpay’s system and provide prompt feedback to any channel related issues.
- Channel operation after go-live of each channel: Working closely with external partners’ contact person to assist/coordinate related teams to monitor and resolve noticed issues during the transaction process including reconciliation, settlement, platform stability and transaction success rate.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience on dealing with Banks/Fintech/Billers in the positions of BDM or Operation Manager, Product Manager or Project Manager.
- Proven experience in Partnership position at Biller Company and/or relationship manager ideally focused on managing partners and working with key stakeholders.
- Comprehensive understanding of Fintech business, great understanding of agency banking and merchant scenarios.
- Extremely flexible, result oriented, hardworking with a strong track record of success.
- Good at drafting business/product/service proposal, delivering presentation, negotiating commercials and driving the conversation on the right track.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet and exceed channel target.
- Able to analyze data and channel statistics and translate results into numbers and solutions.
Powered by JazzHR