We are looking for an enthusiastic news anchor to join our team and participate in the creative cycle of news broadcast.
As a news anchor, you will work closely with reporters and will be responsible for gathering information, broadcasting newscasts throughout the day and interviewing guests.
Ultimately, you should be able to follow current events and present news stories to audiences in an informative,interesting and unbiased way.
- Research local community, state, national and international current events
- Meet with the news director, reporters and other news anchors to be briefed on the day’s news
- Collaborate with the news director to choose stories to broadcast considering audience preferences
- Organize the news to present the most interesting pieces first
- Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air
- Ensure late-breaking news is added to newscasts
- Engage in commentary
- Interview guests and other members involved in particular stories
- Introduce news correspondents reporting on scene and ask them relevant questions
- Comply with the moral code of the journalistic profession
- Keep abreast of news developments by studying papers, attending events, etc.
- Stay in contact with industry professionals
- Proven work experience as a news anchor
- Understanding of the newscast process
- Broad knowledge of local, national and international affairs (e.g. political, economic, legislative and cultural)
- Comfortable yet professional presence on camera
- Ability to improvise in a live on-camera setting
- Excellent verbal skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work on a flexible schedule
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict deadlines
- Active social media presence
- BSc degree in journalism, communications or relevant field.