WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Our business is growing rapidly, we are currently based in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Tanzania, with over 2000 employees globally. To support our rapidly growing operations in Western Africa, we are looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Officer. We are looking for doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities.
Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
As an IT Support Officer, you will be responsible for supporting operations in the head office and branches within the framework and policies of the IT department as well as the vision and values of Watu.
A successful IT Support Officer is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of the company and serve the needs of business support within the technical and SW scopes.
Our customers are entrepreneurs. As a company, we are committed to aiding them in achieving their financial goals. It is imperative that the IT Support Officer is engaged with the community they serve and committed equally to our customer’s and company’s goals.
- Responsible for supporting computer systems. Troubleshooting problems, configuring hardware and software, implementing and adapting new tools and setups.
- Provide support to the existing LAN/WAN network environment and implement new elements to it, such as routers, switches, and wireless infrastructure.
- Completing system installs and upgrades. Installing new systems and implementing upgrades as needed. Conducting consistent analyses of a company’s computer systems to determine if existing components meet the company’s needs and perform upgrades or updates as needed.
- Timely preparing HW and SW for company's employees.
- Keeping track with our IT asset inventory, conducting IT item orders and keeping stock.
- Technical support and maintenance of the office equipment - such as printers, scanners, and peripherals.
- Setting up call center accounts and softphones, following up with structure, integration and troubleshooting in the company’s call center system solution.
- Installing, troubleshooting and supporting any other apps or programs which might be implemented in the future to any of the company’s departments (supporting officers in front and back ends).
- Working hand in hand with IT Admin to cover and commence efficient IT support operations within the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Diploma in IT or any relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills – public speaking, presentation and written communication.
- High attention to detail and internal quality control, good organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in an organization with diverse business operations.
- Hands on experience with network infrastructure and configurations.
- Proficiency with Google products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive), ability to use those tools for analytics and optimization of tasks and processes.
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience and skills with Active Directory/MS Server and/or Data Studio will be considered as an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and works hard to achieve those.
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Health benefits.
Powered by JazzHR