PalmPay is a pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria and Ghana and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with experience in the POS sector who is passionate about our mission of driving financial inclusion in Africa and inquisitive about the Fintech space in Nigeria and the rest of the world. In this role, you will be responsible for:
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (POS Sector) to join the Business Intelligence and Business Development Team in PalmPay. The BDM will assist to focus on helping provide business plans, deep insights into new businesses, competition and industry analysis, market research, go-to market strategy and general support the HQ where needed. We also expect you to be a strategic thinker with analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
- Contacting potential partners in the FI's, OFI's and Fintech space to bring in business that will increase profit and reduce cost
- Planning and overseeing new market initiative across competitors in the payment services space.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current partners in the FI's, OFI's and the fintech space by maintaining the business relationships.
- Finding and developing new markets and ideas /plans to drive the POS business
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Get SLA's, API docs where necessary
- Develop, draft a clear plan for each quarter to expand the business
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Sound knowledge of financial services space
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Good numerical skill
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in the field of strategy, business analysis and any other related field.
- Project manager mindset
- Experience in Fintech and Banking Industry, including Agency Banking, digital/electronic payment products and financial inclusion, will be a plus
- Extremely result-oriented, realistic and reliable; able to work with aggressive timelines
- Ability to multi-task and under constant pressure, positive attitude, good interpersonal and business negotiation.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Entrepreneurial mindset in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision-making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to motivate and drive both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Result oriented
Powered by JazzHR