WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings / courses.
Experience : 3 or more years of postgraduate professional experience in relevant field.
Language : International Professional : Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language : Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and / or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional : Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and typically report to a more senior Information Technology (IT) Officer, Regional / Country Director or the designate.
Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that objectives are achieved.
They are responsible for a broad range of daily activities, analytical work and deliver technical support by modifying existing systems, and resolving straightforward issues / problems.
They also develop and / or support the usage of systems and applications, data and databases.
To deliver efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to the development of plans and budgets, and manage the deployment of IT / TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
3. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; contribute to technology upgrades as required.
4. Contribute to technical specifications and tender documents that support the procurement of IT / TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations.
5. Collate and analyse data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT / TC activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
6. Maintain and develop technical expertise and understanding of industry developments.
7. Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
8. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Contribute to the capability building of staff through the review and / or design of appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills / knowledge in IT and Telecommunications.
10. Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximise possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
11. Interact effectively with internal and external colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
12. Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and / or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
13. Contribute to the preparation of operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
14. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Governance, Strategy and Architecture Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.
Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization Demonstrates the ability to collate time, resource, and budgetary estimates from multiple stakeholders to design plans for complex projects, implementation activities and manages the change control procedure, while ensuring that project deliverables are completed.
considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.
Service Management Consistently monitors performance and delivers high quality technology and services to meet the needs of customers, taking responsibility for the design, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT infrastructure components.
Client Management Applies thorough understanding of the business, customers, new IT technologies and techniques to implement improved solutions and define service levels, standards and the monitoring process for client service staff.
Procurement and Contract Management Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The Deadline is 30th November 2021 till, 11 : 59 PM (Nigeria Time)
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.