We are currently searching for an experienced and highly-analytical Factory & Quality control officer to join our production department. As the Factory & Quality Control Officer, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and supervise the production process to guarantee that all our production material and output meet quality expectations.
The chosen candidate will perform regular product evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the production process. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Proven work experience as a Quality Control personnel.
- Experience in a furniture production or design company will be a huge plus
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
Salary (Negotiable) is based on experience.