Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org.
Position: Project Finance Consultant - 3 Months
Reporting: Senior Country Operations Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
· Budget, Accounting and Financial Management
· Ensure all finances are managed in alignment with Donor Regulations
· Liaise with project team in Field Office and Abuja HQ to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
· Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office.
· Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances.
· Reconcile and review invoices for payments. Ensure necessary review, deliverables, and approvals before issuing payments.
· Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of per the Nigerian laws and regulations.
· Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations.
· Record all financial transactions in the financial templates accurately and in a timely fashion. Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to Abuja HQ, as required.
· Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts.
· Review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis.
· Prepare financial report as necessary and provide necessary financial support to the project.
· Process for applicable tax exemptions and VAT reimbursements during or after procurements
· Assist in end of year financial audit, as required.
· Work closely with the Field Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management
· Grants Management Support
· Review recipients’ finance vouchers
· Participate in program Budget planning and development
· Process recipients’ invoices and payments.
Degree and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or any social
· Minimum 3-5 years’ post NYSC experience. Experience with INGO projects is an advantage.
· Knowledge of major accounting software usage such as MIP and quick books is key.
· Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with diverse cultural and professional staff members.
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.