The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE works with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption, business ethics & integrity, trade, women economic empowerment, and youth development.
CIPE’s ongoing programs span 24 countries in Africa focused on strengthening governance structures in the apex and subnational private sector membership organization across industries to promote democratic and market-oriented reforms through advocacy and collaborative governance. The focus of advocacy and interventions cuts across governance and economic issues and sectors. CIPE and its partners continue to build capacity of stakeholders on collective advocacy, commission published analysis on current governance problems, and introduce a business-led approach to addressing the problems of corruption.
Position: IT and Business Analyst, Africa Region
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Africa Region
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Scope: CIPE is interested in engaging an IT and Business Analyst on a short-term consultant contract basis to join a dynamic global team and work in the Lagos, Nigeria field office on an annual renewable contract basis. The IT and Business Analyst will support the successful delivery IT projects and management of web-based applications supporting CIPE Africa programs.
The IT and Business Analyst will serve as the product owners for IT projects and be a vital link between the information technology capacity and program objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, coding, building, testing and deployment tasks of the software products related to the Africa Programs.
The position requires the flexibility and capacity to work effectively remotely, with remote teams, and to efficiently collaborate with a team of staff in multiple time zones across Sub Sahara Africa and the United States, coordinating with teams in multiple field offices, as well as partners and consultants across the globe.
- The IT and Business Analyst will work within the CIPE Africa team as a key liaison between CIPE and application developers and users responsible for product backlog and development management for applications supporting CIPE programs.
- Develop and explicitly communicate CIPE Africa Program product goals to the software developers, create clear product backlog items and ensure that backlog items are transparent, visible, understood and properly prioritized.
- Oversee development stages of assigned CIPE IT projects aligning the aligning the process of development and the product outcome with the program strategy, program and organizational vision, and product priorities.
- Anticipate program needs, problems, and project adaptation needs and communicate these clearly to program leads and stakeholders the convert proposed solutions to technology and software development workflows to improve on and implement solutions on the platforms.
- The IT and Business Analyst will liaise with the IT department, the Communications Department team to ensure alignment with organizational standards on all digital platforms.
- Backstop CIPE program teams in tasks related to the development or enhancement of the application(s) by web engineers and developers and on the use of the IT applications by external users and other implementing CIPE partners.
- Identify areas for improvement within IT infrastructures and communicate them with the CIPE program teams then convert them to workflow for the platform developers to enhance the quality of IT products and services to ensure error-free functionality and end-user satisfaction.
- Manage assigned websites by updating content, content edits, enhancing design and visuals, scrubbing content within short notice as needed.
- Collect, analyze and utilize IT data from the online platforms for business insights while exploring new business technologies to optimize effectiveness, useability and user friendliness.
- Provide regular reports on the IT projects and impact on the overall program with recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements by performing user acceptance testing.
- Monitoring IT developer’s performance and budget ensuring optimal application of LoE to maximize expenditure and provide regular report on progress and alignment of the IT product with program strategy, organizational vision, and project priorities.
- Track deliverables from developers and IT contractors to timely adequate completion of tasks and delivery.
- Oversee and mange help desk support system by establishing triage system, tracking turnaround time, providing technical support for internal end user challenges on assigned platforms
- Contribute to an organizational culture of innovation, integrity and high performance.
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software engineering/development, Computer programming, Information technology & Business Administration or a related field is required.
- 2+ years of experience as a business analyst, software developer and project manager in a technology-driven role or an IT management position. Experience in corporate ethics, corruption risk management is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with web design and development as well as data analysis experience and graphic & visual design capacity. Experience in Online Sales is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English; French proficiency is a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; team orientation.
- Flexibility to collaborate with a diverse multi-cultural team, across multiple time zones, and work independently, while delivering consistent, reliable results.
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets.
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Strong project management and analytical skills to create reports and offer recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, understand the team’s challenges and develop technical solutions.
- Provide regular and timely progress reports highlighting deliverables, challenges and next steps during the reporting timeframe to the CIPE Africa programs team
Powered by JazzHR