Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, and India. Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. We are expanding our product portfolio as well as our user base in all our markets including Nigeria, and are more than ever dependent on reliable infrastructure to achieve our goals. We are looking for talented DevOps engineers to join us and be part of this journey.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. As part of our DevOps team, you will design, architect, build, and automate the infrastructure that hosts a variety of applications ranging from financial products to our Machine Learning workloads for all our markets. You will be responsible for innovating and employing best practices when it comes to deployment, database management, security, and performance. As a subject matter expert, you will be expected to evangelize DevOps as a culture within the engineering organization.
- Improve infra automation using modern tools.
- Optimize spending and improve elasticity on our infrastructure.
- Be responsible for continuously evaluating and implementing evolving best practices.
- Keep our systems and services secure by ensuring adherence to security best practices.
- Ensure availability with redundancies of all the critical components.
- Provide expert opinions for architecture and infrastructure decisions.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps preferred
- Extensive exposure to at least one major cloud platform like AWS, GCP, or Azure with commonly used services.
- Hands-on experience with deployment and orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Understand networking concepts and protocols, and the ability to build VPCs and traffic flows.
- Ability to take care of monitoring, alerting, logs, user access, certificate and keys management, etc.
- Know your way through various flavors of Unix and commonly used command-line utilities.
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream scripting language like Bash or Python as well as commonly used server software like PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Being able to wear a DBA hat and tune PostgreSQL performance at query and storage engine level is a plus.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up with the latest in DevOps.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days sick leave, bereavement leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
- Flexible working hours
- Where we work: Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
This is a remote role. We are open to working with you provided you are able to work with the West African Time (WAT) zone.
We deeply value who we work with. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to come join us.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications — so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.
Powered by JazzHR