CrossBoundary Energy – Business Development Manager
About the Firm
CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is the leading provider of clean, renewable, reliable, and affordable electricity directly to African businesses. According to World Bank data, access to reliable and affordable electricity is the most significant constraint on economic growth on the continent. CBE addresses this challenge by providing African corporates with fully financed renewable power. Through this approach, we are building a disruptive, distributed, renewable utility that can unlock sustainable growth in Africa.
We are already making rapid progress towards our vision. CBE is currently delivering a portfolio of over $200M of solar, wind, and storage projects for businesses across Africa. Our clients include Actis, Diageo, Heineken, Rio Tinto, Syrah Resources, Unilever, and other leading regional companies.
But most of our potential impact still lies ahead of us. Now CBE needs your help to convert Africa's largest industries to cleaner, cheaper, and more reliable power. Learn more at www.c.
CrossBoundary Energy is a member of the CrossBoundary Group, a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. Learn more at www.crossboundary.com
CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is recruiting a full-time Business Development Manager. As a member of the CBE team, you will actively support in deploying the $100M+ fund to finance renewable energy hybrid assets for businesses throughout Africa.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills – CBE will look to you for practical insights on how to make discrete business decisions that will directly affect our financial outcomes.
Who We Are
CrossBoundary operates in frontier markets that also hold immense investment opportunities. The chosen candidate will play an important role in a unique team with the opportunity to make a large impact on the renewable energy landscape in Africa. Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share a number of qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
- Independent self-starter who is passionate about clean energy and its potential to transform underserved markets in Africa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing, challenging context
- Strong demonstrated quantitative skills; mastery of financial and pricing models
- Strong business judgement; ability to independently conduct evaluations of a variety of businesses
- Implement strategies for identifying, tracking, and engaging potential clients and then create bespoke proposals to meet their needs
- Deeply understand clients’ business activities and business drivers to ensure proposed solutions meet their greatest needs
- Diligently track, manage, and engage numerous clients’ stakeholders across the local and regional levels, and across various functions within the client organizations including technical, procurement, financial and leadership
- Cultivate and manage a wide range of developers and technical partners to originate, develop, and close projects
- Populate and review initial drafts of a variety of financing contracts including power purchase agreements, leases, and loans
- Drive negotiations by leading on commercial aspects and coordinate input from the internal technical and legal teams
- Conduct desktop due diligence of potential projects and clients, including collecting client information and coordinating across the internal technical, environmental, legal, and regulatory teams
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Business-related bachelor’s degree is strongly desired
- Experience working in Africa, especially in East and West Africa
- 4+ years in a business-related field at a top tier firm
- Experience working in renewable energy
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in emerging markets
- 2+ years in a business-related field
- Experience working in energy
Think you have what it takes but are not sure you check every box? Research shows that while men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women often only apply when they meet every requirement. If you're passionate about what we're building, we want to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
Interested candidates should apply at https://crossboundary.applytojob.com/apply/YYd6dBUK5h/Business-Development-Manager?source=Our%20Career%20Page%20Widget
Powered by JazzHR