Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group, and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
- Responsible for corporate security practices to effectively deal with uncertainty and associated risk and opportunity, enhancing the unit’s capacity to build value for the business. This will include due diligence/background investigations, employee risk awareness training, business intelligence/continuity support, and external relations.
- Oversee and ensure that the contracted armed security services effectively guard EGBIN premises and installations.
- Facilitate and supervise the implementation of Corporate Security Policy and Procedures on issues touching on security.
- Coordinate joint security operations involving internal Government Security Agencies.
- Liaise with the internal government security agencies on rules of engagement compliance.
- Act as a focal point for any investigations involving security; prepare reports and note follow-up actions.
- Carry out due diligence and background check for ad-hoc/contract workers.
- Provide generic or more specific security management training staff to enhance personal security capability, strengthen the security culture and contribute to more safe and secure operations.
- Monitor and analyze the security / political and socio-economic situation in the operational area and identify possible security related trends and issues that may affect the business operations.
- Lead security information gathering, collation, and dissemination from a range of local and international sources and produce formal security updates
- Assist the Head Operations Security in drawing up the annual security departmental budget in the area of enterprise security risk management and participate in the Financial Services monthly/quarterly reviews on budget performance
- Map security training needs, such as personal security, security management in addition to the role specific training for drivers, security guards, and other related roles.
- Provide in-depth security inductions for new staff upon arrival and additional briefings for all staff upon major shifts in the security context.
- Ensure that all business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures held within the security control rooms are always kept up to date
- Report all incidents and hazards promptly
- Any other roles as designated by the HOS.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities/social sciences (preferably Psychology) or any other security related discipline.
- Relevant professional security certification is an added advantage
- Seven - Ten (7-10) years of relevant experience.
- Mandatory previous military/paramilitary/policing experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of security systems and management.
- Good investigation skills.
- Display good leadership and people management skills.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application: 8th December, 2021
Powered by JazzHR