Purpose / Role
The IT support Associate will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Support Executive. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems and The Companies ERP plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities
Key aims and objectives
· Escalating IT issues to the IT Support Executive where necessary
· Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation
· Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
· Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Support Executive
· Providing desktop and server support
· Supporting and maintaining MS Server, Pulse, Microsoft Dynamics RMS, Focus and NAV
· Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
· Installing authorized software to laptops and desktops
· Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
· Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
· Fault finding to laptops and desktops
· Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
· Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
· Setting up and configuring new servers
· Installing authorized software to core server
· Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
· Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
· Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
· Providing support for MAC PCs
· Preparing documents, meeting materials and correspondence
· Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
· Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT Support Executive
· Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
· Providing assistance as required to the IT Support Executive
· Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
· Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
· A recognised diploma/degree in IT or Engineering
· Hands-on network engineering experience implementing and administrating network devices
· Desktop, laptop and mobile devices installation and problem resolution
· Able to configure networks for fast, secure, reliable operation.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills to assess network performance and recommend changes.
· Hands-on experience with network monitoring and network diagnostic tools.
· Good interpersonal skills to communicate with users, vendors and other IT personnel.
· Project management skills .
· Ability to prioritise and multitask.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted