- Providing technical leadership, foresight and senior level ICT advice and information to meet needs and guide strategic and operational decision-making of the Board & Management of the firm;
- Building on, implementing and communicating the firm ’s ICT strategy, operational plan, policies, procedures, systems and tools, ensuring these are tailored and adapted to suit the realities and needs across all levels of the organization;
- Providing training and support for sound ICT management at all levels of the organization;
- Providing a secure and efficient System & Network infrastructure to support the firm’s ICT requirements;
- To Create and keep under review an inspiring, compelling, forward looking and customer-centric vision for ICT within the firm
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop the ICT Team so that they are valued by the organization and able to meet firm’s expectations.
- Shape and drive how technology can enable the strategic priorities of Mutual Benefits businesses.
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience to lead digital initiatives and ways of working.
- Manage the matrix of resources across the team, including virtual project teams, and 3rd party service providers.
- Be a master communicator. Ensuring that business leaders are well informed about how IT can drive their business, any major risk areas, implementation plans, financial impacts etc.
- Drive the adoption of global solutions into the Market, providing relevant feedback to Platform teams to ensure Fit for Purpose solutions.
- Manage new demand for change across the Mutual Benefits businesses.
- Ensure effective management of all Applications, ensuring the applications are maintained in a supported state.
- Coordinates the acceptance, approval and prioritization of development project requests as well as existing system change requirements.
- Formulates and deploys short and long term strategic direction and road map for the organization-wide application systems.
- Develops information technology business plan, effectively manage operational budget with cost prudence.
- Review and implement the Company’s business continuity plan and IT disaster recovery plan and strategies.
- Review, modify and develop software and applications to suite the business needs.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer sciences / Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems engineering or any related discipline
- A post graduate degree in any IT related field is an advantage
- Membership in ITIL, MCP, PMP, CISSP, SSCP, CIPP, CISM, CRISC, CSALPT or any related certification are required
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Information Technology, of which ten (7) years must be in a senior management role. Also, experience within the Financial Services Industry will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud-native services
- Linux, Mac and open source project experience
- Familiarity with Microservice architecture, Live Site and DevOps best practices
- Experience with ML/AI and statistics
- Experience developing APIs, coding, RTB platforms/specs and data solutions
- Exposure to distributed systems and big data.
- Strong knowledge of concurrent collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Great understanding of designing for performance, scalability, and reliability.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL.
Advanced Knowledge and experience on Software Methodologies:
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, C# Programming Skills;
- Professional Knowledge of Relational Database; Management System, Financial Services Software, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher;
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Knowledge of LINQ; -knowledge of Entity Frame Work 5 or 6
- Knowledge of AJAX, J query, ANGULAR JS, MVC 4 or 5, HTML 5, BOOTSTRAP, Microsoft Reports, PHP (Lumen/Laravel), Java, iOS (Swift/Objective C), Android (Java/Kotlin), Ruby (Ruby on Rails) and Good knowledge of MS share point and scripting languages like Python/Powershell
- Working with Big Data
- Hands-on management of a team of developers.
- Have experience leading technical teams using Agile methodologies;
- Have experience working remotely as an effective member of a team;
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- A strong desire to mentor other developers;
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Have strong leadership and assertiveness skills;
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Knowledge of information Technology disciplines, including large scale project management, development, software acquisition, computing, contract management, and asset management
- Sound knowledge of Insurance processes will serve as added advantage
- Knowledge of CBN and other regulatory guidelines
- Operational risk
- Integrity Independent minded
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Problem solving skills
- Resilience and Tenacity
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial/administration
Add to favorites
Remove from favorites
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you