West Africa Regional Controller JD
Job Title: Regional Controller/Internal Auditor
Location: West Africa
Position reports to: Global Controller & Internal Audit Manager
Direct reports: None
BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa.
BURN is working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth, by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 1,400,000+ stoves in Africa. These stoves have helped 7.5+ million beneficiaries save over $400 million in fuel expenditures and 5.3 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. Our team of 500 people – 51% of whom are women – are on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
About the role
Burn is looking for a West Africa Regional controller who will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the company’s financial and accounting activities in West Africa. The individual will be tasked with keeping track of financial reports, performing accounting tasks, monitoring inventory, and communicating with department heads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and conduct audits to ensure compliance with company policies and SOPs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of internal audit policies and procedures in compliance with Internal Auditing Standards and in accordance with local and international best practices.
- Review monthly sales reports ensuring accurate recording in the ERP system.
- Observe and ensure that proper periodical inventory counts are executed across all warehouses and reconciliations are done between system records and physical count values.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Conduct ad hoc audits and investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Prepare reports on areas audited ensuring complete, accurate, and timely audit information is reported to management.
- Any other tasks as requested by line manager and/or senior management.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in audit preferably manufacturing industry.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile it into detailed reports.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is desirable.
- Fluency in reading and speaking French
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA finalist.
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees)
Powered by JazzHR