JOB TITLE : ACADEMIC SUPERVISOR
LOCATION : LAGOS
PROFILE : Our client is a leading private educational institution with a Group of Schools which have a reputation of delivering the highest standard in education in Nigeria and Africa through quality all-
round education, from kindergarten to tertiary level.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Develop academic programs.
2. Establishing performance goals and objectives for the school and for teachers and taking records.
3. A school supervisor may also monitor students' progress.
4. Keep teachers trained and motivated, formulate mission statements.
5. Visit classrooms to evaluate teaching methods and set performance benchmarks for teachers and other employees.
6. They prepare reports on student attendance and performance.
7. Adherence to local, state and federal education standards.
8. Appraise teachers by evaluating students performances.
9. Trains and supervises daily work of approximately 5 teachers.
10. Manage performance of staff and provides appropriate feedback and direction when necessary.
11. Conduct initial and annual performance reviews of staff when applicable.
12. Interview and makes recommendations for hiring new staff as necessary.
1. B.Sc. in education / a degree outside of education + P.G.D.E / N.C.E
2. Masters degree in Education Administration, Curriculum Development or Quality Control would be an added advantage.
3. Minimum of 7 - 10 years teaching experience.
4. At least 5 years experience performing similar role.
5. In-depth Knowledge of Nigerian and British Curriculum.
6. Ability to work with a team to implement quality assurance for the school while raising standards of all educational services.