Position Title : Deputy Director-Technical
Location : Akwa Ibom State Office
Supervisor : State Director
Basic Function :
The Deputy Director-Technical provides leadership and technical support to the state office team in the area of PMTCT, clinical care / ART and reproductive health.
S / he leads the design and coordinates services needed to implement high quality care PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and reproductive health / family planning services (RH / FP) both at facility and community settings.
Duties and responsibilities :
Assist the State Director to provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV / AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health / Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level.
2. With the State Director and Sate Cluster Leads, coordinate the design and implementation of HIV clinical care / ART, PMTCT, reproductive health / family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs.
3. Provide technical assistance in HIV / AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building to field programs.
4. Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of HIV / AIDS, PMTCT and RH / FP.
5. Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV / AIDS, PMTCT, RH / FP and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs.
6. Represent FHI / Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV / AIDS, PMTCT and RH / FP.
7. Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV / AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
8. Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
9. Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV / AIDS activities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes :
Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV / AIDS, including provision of ART.
Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
Ability to represent FHI / Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
Proven ability in supervising staff.
Well-developed computer skills.
Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements :
MB.BS / MD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
A minimum of 5 years experience in care and treatment for HIV / AIDS especially with ARV program.
Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work / life balance.
Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others and yourself.