To provide specialized support functions and / or supervise staff performing standard logistics / supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g., transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
5. Identify, resolve and / or provide recommendations on specialized queries / requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
6. Create Service Entry Sheet (SES) and track invoices through the Invoice Tracking System (ITS) in compliance with corporate standards.
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
7. Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, especially E-Voucher to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
8. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g., invoice verification and clearance), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues while escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
9. Promptly attend to Retailer’s complaints on payments, mobile point of sales (mPOS) and other devices for smooth running of their transactions.
10. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
11. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
12. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
13. Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE