The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in an area relevant to emergency programming / food assistance.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language. Understanding of Hausa or any other local language will be good.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area / Field Offices (AOs / FOs). Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance.
There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
The Damaturu Sub office is seeking a Programme Associate (SC6) to perform specialized and / or standardized processes and activities under to the Food Assistance delivery portfolio.
The incumbent will operate under the direct supervision of the National Officer overseeing Activity 1.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Perform specialized processes and activities relating to the food assistance provision to vulnerable population, in line with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. With support from Activity 1 lead, research, set up and implement the cash and voucher based programme including operational arrangements.
3. Provide Onsight support for implementation of cash and voucher intervention including operational issues, awareness raising on program objectives and procedures, interaction with Cooperating Partners.
4. Ensure that voucher and cash programme remains compliant with all WFP policies and procedures,
5. In cooperation with Activity 1 lead, recommend ways to refine the programme and thereby improve the service offered to beneficiaries and facilitate implementation by WFP,
6. Identify lessons learnt and best practices established for use in further WFP cash & food programme interventions
7. Provide project support for cash-based transfer following established emergency response targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
Compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports relevant to the cash and voucher assistance to support planning and decision-making.
9. Perform accurate, timely recording of data related to the implementation of cash and voucher assistance activities, following corporate emergency programming guidelines.
10. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration,
implementation and monitoring of ongoing cash and voucher assistance activities with guidance from activity lead.
11. Support communication and collaboration with internal emergency food assistance stakeholders with guidance from activity lead.
12. Act as a point for documentation and resolution of complaints relating to cash and voucher assistance.
13. Others as required.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w / Government Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission of applications is 4th August 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.