- Ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are always operational
- Carrying out design and implementation of new systems to improve broadcasting and transmission quality;
- Setting up and maintaining studio & link systems required for all outside broadcast and news gathering operations;
- Installing, configuring, and testing new broadcast equipment, systems & facilities;
- Minimizing risk of service loss at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
- Offering operational support to all broadcast systems users across the entire business:
- Ensuring that News Central Technical Department keeps a breast with changing technology and always has the most appropriate technology applied ;
- Diagnosis of faulty equipment and repair or make appropriate recommendations;
- Planning maintenance schedules for all the equipment and ensuring its implementation;
- Identifying required spares and seeking their approval for purchase;
- Performing routine checks to ensure all equipment, hardware and software systems employed are fit for purpose.
- University graduate in electrical and electronics engineering, telecommunication, broadcasting, or related field;
- Good working knowledge of IP networking. Professional networking qualification will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of transmission systems & mediums — satellite links, microwave links, OFC links, encoding & decoding systems, DVBT2 & CAS, etc
- Good knowledge of Audio and Video Delivery over IP;
- Proficiency in server & systems administration Windows server, Linux, Windows7/8/10 and Mac OS) is essential, professional qualifications here will also be an added advantage;
- Good working Knowledge of Video Media Asset Management systems and file metadata management.
- Good working administration knowledge of post, editing and graphics systems
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
- Over 3 years’ experience, relevant experience in media will be an added advantage;
- Ability to administer SQL server & basic Web development will be a big advantage.
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Organizational and time management skills
· Communication skills
· Ability to think on your feet
· Team player
· Ability to think on Feet
- Ability to work unsupervised
Deadline for submission is October 15, 2020. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remuneration is competitive