About the Role:
BURN is seeking to hire a Territory Sales Manager to assist in actualizing our market expansion plans in Abuja, Nigeria. The successful candidate will work closely with BURN’s Country Manager in Nigeria to assist in the formation of a stable and profitable operation in the region. The role holder will be based in Abuja
The position has four core responsibilities, as well as several additional responsibilities that will evolve throughout the duration of the position in line with the country’s strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- B2B Sales: Responsible for achievement of B2B sales target in assigned region
- B2C Sales: Responsible for achievement of B2C sales target in assigned region
- Strategic Projects/Initiatives: Assist in the planning, implementation, and tracking of strategic projects
- Team Management: Recruitment, training, and management of sales executives in the region and ensuring optimal performance of team members in achieving assigned sales target
- Account Management: Support distribution partners with business strategy, requests, information, and marketing support.
- New Business Development: Identify and develop new distribution partnerships targeting wholesalers, retailers, financial institutions, corporations/government institutions, and NGOs
- Research and Reporting: Produce analytical reports on the development of strategic projects, including distribution activities, marketing projects, and sales forecasting, as well as comprehensive research reports on a diverse range of topics.
- Information Gathering: Gather critical market information on the improved cookstove sector, BURN’s distribution partners, competitor activity, and other key areas of the market.
- Administrative Work: Assist with a range of administrative-related tasks. with $500 performance bonus/month
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or MBA degree, preferably in business, market intelligence or marketing
- 1+ years’ experience in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects with many stakeholders to deliver results on time
- Knowledge of the sales and marketing fields in the Nigerian context, preferably in consumer durables and/or fast-moving consumer goods
- Strong analytic/number-crunching background, particularly with sales and marketing data
- High level of comfort working with high-level business clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a desire to ‘sell for good’ and willing to get your “hands dirty”.
- Experience developing business strategy and plans
- Experience in identifying and developing B2B distribution partnerships in Nigeria
- Experience managing key accounts across a range of distribution channels
- Previous experience in market research or M&E.
- Sales & distribution work experience in Northern Nigeria
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
Powered by JazzHR